Since 2015Senior/lead front developerLa Ruche qui dit Oui !, Paris
- Within a team of 15 developers, I work on the main laruchequiditoui.fr site (Node.js/React)
and smaller apps for different parts of the complex company business.
- Emphasis put on fast and incremental releases, quality through automated testing, and involvement at every level through peer reviews.
- I lead team projects related to code cohesion, accessiblity and experience sharing.
- I'm also responsible for the maintenance of map-related tools, from web maps and internal data visualization to fine-tuned cartographic styling for print.
Git, Node.js, Webpack, React + Redux, Jest, Sass, Prettier, PWA, Jenkins, Leaflet/MapBox.
2009 - 2015Full stack web developerMediamobile, Ivry-sur-Seine
- Development and maintenance of the V-Traffic.com web site.
- International public portal, content and service aggregation on interactive maps.
- Mobile version, adapted to UX and performance contraints on mobile device.
- Static and dynamic cartography, mobile app prototyping, data viz web applications.
2006 - 2009R&D software engineerMediamobile, Ivry-sur-Seine
- Development of a route planner taking road traffic into account.
- Modeling and optimization of large road network graphs (european scale).
- Development of query APIs, for internal and consumer usage.
- Development of derived applications (alternative routes, isochrones, map-matching).
.NET/C#, C++, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
2005 - 2006J2EE DeveloperSociété Générale, Paris
Database and Java component development for a trading tool. Also in charge of the source repository, packaging and deployments.
J2EE, Python, Oracle.
2004 - 2005SQL developer & testerNatexis Interépargne, Caen
Database script development and acceptance testing on a consumer banking site.
- Web development: HTML, CSS, ES6/7, React, Redux. Webpack and related tools. Mobile web development, responsive design, Progressive Web Apps. UX & accessibility skills.
- GIS & maps: PostGIS/Oracle Spatial, QGIS, OpenStreetMap stack, web mapping (Leaflet, MapBox, Google Maps, D3). Cartographic styling and semiology.
- Tools & methods: Git, unit and functional testing, CI, peer review, rapid release cycles.
Languages: French (mother tongue), English, basic German notions.
2003 - 2004Master of science, EngineeringINSA, Rouen
- Research project: information extraction for spatial indexation of text documents.
- Teaching: computer architecture, algorithmics, database.
2000 - 2003Engineer's degree, I.S. architectINSA, Rouen
- End of studies project: research & development of a SVG web mapping engine.
- Internship: development of an auto-regulated multi-agent framework.
1998 - 2000Undergrad tech degree in Software dev.IUT, Le Havre
1998Scientific baccalauréat, spec. MathematicsRouen
Personal projects & activities
- Active OpenStreetMap contributor (Profile).
- Open-source development (GitHub).
- Web development events and publications:
- Paris Web 2014: Workshop Modern and mobile web mapping apps (fr).
- Hackathon Firefox OS @ Mozilla Paris, 2013: developpement of a mapping application for the Firefox OS mobile operating system: FirefoxOS GeoTracker. First contest prize.
- Webzine "Le Train de 13h37", 2013: Putting maps on your sites: some best pratices (fr).
- Paris Web 2012: Conference The new horizons of web cartography (fr).
- Drawing, painting, etching (My art website).