Since 2015Senior web developerThe Food Assembly, Paris
- With a team of 15 people split between front and back, I work on the thefoodassembly.com website. It's a single full-featured Node.js/React web application for all our different user types. Emphasis is put on fast release cycles, quality through automated testing, and involvement at every level through peer reviews.
- I'm also responsible for the development and maintenance of map-related tools, from web maps and internal data visualization to fine-tuned cartographic styling for print.
Git, Node.js, React + Redux, PWA, Sass, Jenkins, Jekyll, Leaflet/MapBox.
2009 - 2015Full stack web developerMediamobile, Ivry-sur-Seine
- Development and maintenance of the V-Traffic.com web site.
- International public portal, content and service aggregation on interactive maps.
- Mobile version, adapted to UX and performances contraints on mobile device.
- Static and dynamic cartography, mobile app prototyping, data viz web applications.
2006 - 2009R&D software engineer - Project leadMediamobile, Ivry-sur-Seine
- Development of a route planner taking road traffic into account.
- Modeling and optimization of large road network graphs (european scale).
- Development of query APIs, for internal and consumer usage.
- Development of derived applications (alternative routes, isochrones, automatic graph-matching).
.NET/C#, C++, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
2005 - 2006J2EE DeveloperSociété Générale, Paris
Database and Java component development for a trading tool. Also in charge of the source repository, packaging and deployments.
J2EE, Python, Oracle.
2004 - 2005SQL developer & testerNatexis Interépargne, Caen
Database script development and acceptance testing on a consumer banking site.
- OS & development environments: Linux, Windows. Basic skills on Android dev.
- Web development: HTML, CSS + LESS/Sass/PostCSS, ES6/7, React, Web Components. Mobile web development and responsive design. UX.
- GIS & maps: PostGIS/Oracle Spatial, QGIS, OpenStreetMap stack, web mapping (Leaflet, MapBox, Google, D3). Cartographic styling skills.
- Methodology: concurrent version management (Git, TFS), peer review, unit and functional testing, CI, rapid release cycles.
Languages: French (mother tongue), English, basic German notions.
2003 - 2004Master of science, EngineeringINSA, Rouen
- Research project: information extraction for spatial indexation of text documents.
- Teaching: computer architecture, algorithmics, database.
2000 - 2003Engineer's degree, Information systems architectINSA, Rouen
- End of studies project: research & development of a SVG web mapping engine.
- Internship: development of an auto-regulated multi-agent framework.
1998 - 2000Undergrad tech degree in Software dev.IUT, Le Havre
1998Scientific baccalauréat, spec. MathematicsRouen
Personal projects & activities
- Active OpenStreetMap contributor.
- Open-source development (GitHub).
- Web development events and publications:
- Paris Web 2014: Workshop Modern and mobile web mapping apps (fr).
- Hackathon Firefox OS @ Mozilla Paris, june 2013: Open-source developpement of a mapping application for the Firefox OS mobile operating system: FirefoxOS GeoTracker. First contest prize.
- Webzine "Le Train de 13h37", january 2013: Putting maps on your sites: some best pratices (fr).
- Paris Web 2012: Conference The new horizons of web cartography (fr).
- Drawing, painting, etching.