Since 2023Senior front engineerPASQAL
2021 - 2023Senior front developerCARTO
- Working in full-remote, I joined the front-end team as senior developer to work on CARTO's main platform, a cloud-enabled map editing and spatial analysis application.
Node.js, React + Redux, Jest, Cypress, Playwright, MapBox-GL/MapLibre-GL, deck.gl/kepler.gl, Google Maps.
2019 - 2021Lead front developerQwant Maps
- I picked up the role of lead front developer on the Qwant Maps web application. I started initiatives to improve the project quality, scalability and ease of development (ex: migrating from barely structured Vanilla-JS to React, improving tests and deployments, transferring knowledge to the team).
Node.js, Webpack, React, Jest, Sass, PWA, Travis-CI, MapBox-GL.
2015 - 2019Senior front developerLa Ruche qui dit Oui !
- Within a team of 15 developers, I worked on the main laruchequiditoui.fr site
and smaller apps for different parts of the complex company business.
- Emphasis put on fast and incremental releases, quality through automated testing, and involvement at every level through peer reviews.
- I lead team projects related to code cohesion, accessiblity and experience sharing.
- Also responsible for the maintenance of map-related tools, from web maps and internal data visualization to fine-tuned cartographic styling for print.
Node.js, Webpack, React + Redux, Jest, Sass, PWA, Jenkins, Leaflet/MapBox.
2009 - 2015Full stack web developerMediamobile
- Development and maintenance of the V-Traffic.com web site.
- International public portal, content and service aggregation on interactive maps.
- Mobile version, adapted to UX and performance contraints on mobile device.
- Static and dynamic cartography, mobile app prototyping, data viz web applications.
2006 - 2009R&D software engineerMediamobile
- Development of a route planner taking road traffic into account.
- Modeling and optimization of large road network graphs (european scale).
- Development of query APIs, for internal and consumer usage.
- Development of derived applications (alternative routes, isochrones, map-matching).
.NET/C#, C++, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
2004 - 2006Java / SQL DeveloperVarious clients
J2EE, Python, Ingres/Oracle, Perl/Bash.
Since 2020Part-time teacherSorbonne Université
2003 - 2004Part-time teacherINSA Rouen
- Web development: HTML, CSS, ES6/7, React, Redux. Webpack and related tools. Mobile web development, responsive design, Progressive Web Apps. UX & accessibility skills.
- GIS & maps: PostGIS/Oracle Spatial, QGIS, OpenStreetMap stack, web mapping (MapBox-GL/MapLibre-GL, Leaflet, Deck.gl, Google Maps, D3). Cartographic styling and semiology.
- Tools & methods: Git, unit and functional testing, CI, peer review, rapid release cycles.
2003 - 2004Master of science, EngineeringINSA Rouen
2000 - 2003Engineer's degree, I.S. architectINSA Rouen
1998 - 2000Undergrad tech degree in Software dev.IUT Le Havre
1998Scientific baccalauréat, spec. MathematicsRouen
Personal projects & activities
- Active OpenStreetMap contributor (Profile).
- Open-source development (GitHub).
- Web development events and publications:
- "24 Jours de Web" 2019: Painless migration to a new technology (fr).
- Paris Web 2014: Workshop Modern and mobile web mapping apps (fr).
- Hackathon Firefox OS @ Mozilla Paris, 2013: developpement of a mapping application for the Firefox OS mobile operating system: FirefoxOS GeoTracker. First contest prize.
- Webzine "Le Train de 13h37", 2013: Putting maps on your sites: some best pratices (fr).
- Paris Web 2012: Conference The new horizons of web cartography (fr).
- Drawing, painting, etching & printmaking (My art website).